Friday, August 24, 2012

The New Butterick Collection - Fall/Winter 2012

Now this is a collection worth getting excited over!  And not only because its on sale with patterns costing US$2.88 for a very short time (I think the sale ends tomorrow).  I may have already taken advantage of the sale and purchased two patterns....

While there are patterns that I don't like:

1980's Party Frock Horror

Pajamafication!!!

There was some GOLD!

Gertie from Gertie's New Blog for Better Sewing is now designing two retro inspired designs a season for Butterick - and these are her first designs:

I love the neckline of this dress!  B5814

This coat has a fabulous colour and a lovely full skirt - shame no petticoats were involved in the photoshoot to show it off...  B5824

I may have bought both of those patterns.... but $2.88 is a steal!!!

There was also this Butterick Retro 1956 pattern, which I originally decided I wasn't a fan of


Until I saw the full skirted version...

 
Divine!

And there was also one other coat that was drool-worthy


I love it!  I love the collar!!  It reminds me of this vintage pattern I haven't been able to bring myself to buy yet because of the exhorbitant cost...



 
The blue version on the right has a really similar collar...

Go an buy yourself some amazing patterns here before the sale ends!

Oh, and while your at it, Gertie's new book has just been released on Amazon.com.  It looks like being a really good sewing book with tutorials on couture techniques and some patterns as well!

 
check it out here 

I may have purchased it as well......

Have a great weekend everyone!  Happy sewing!!!

Beccie
xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment